- Postgraduate courses
- Core facilities
- Contact us
- WHRI Seminars
- Prospectus for expressions of interest
- Beetroot juice studies
William Harvey Research Institute
The William Harvey Research Institute (WHRI) at Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry offers a vibrant, fully integrated clinical and basic science environment devoted to understanding basic pathogenic mechanisms and therapeutic innovation in cardiovascular, inflammation and endocrine diseases. More about us...
About William Harvey Research Institute:
Founded by the Nobel Laureate, Sir John Vane in 1985
- Largest pharmacological research Institute in the UK
65% staff rated world-class or internationally leading in RAE 2008
- £65 million research spend since 2001
- £9 million research spend in 2009/10
- Awarded NIHR Cardiovascular Research Unit status in 2008
- £25 million Heart centre to open in early 2011.
We are aware that the name of the William Harvey Research Institute has occasionally been used fraudulently to solicit money. We would like to state categorically that no member or associate of this Institute would seek funds in this way, and we strongly suggest that any such approaches are reported to the relevant authorities.